Sunday, August 15, 2010

Songs to Help YOU get over that Breakup


So to all who are nursing a broken heart, I have a fresh list of songs that are tried, tested and true.

 There are all kinds of breakup songs: the sad “I miss you and want you back” tunes, the angry “I hate your guts and you ruined my life” songs…and finally, my personal favorite, the ever-empowering “You suck, I’m awesome and feeling so much better now that I’m single” anthems. To keep my spirits up when the need arises, I blast these in my ipod, car, stereo…Gotta have all grounds covered, people! 
“So Sick” by Neyo

If you can't seem to get over it, everything reminds you of your ex and you're "so sick" of listening to love songs...then listen to this love long :) Seriously though, it will male you feel so much better, because no matter how sad you are, you can't possibly be as bad as Neyo, who's not erasing his old answering machine message so that he can listen to his ex's voice on it . Seriously, Neyo, get a grip.

"Ridin' Solo" by Jason Deroulo


Blast this song on your way to a girl's night out. You're newly single and let's face it, hot! And there's nothing like this song to remind you of that.

"Too Little Too Late" by Jojo


How can a 15-year old capture exactly what we're feeling? Weird.

"Anytime" by Brian McKnight


This is the mother of all breakup songs. Quite literally, I think it gave birth to all the other breakup songs out there. WARNING: This one is a tear-jerker, so you might want to wait a couple of weeks post-breakup to listen to this one.

"Dreaming with a Broken Heart" by John Mayer


"When you're dreaming with a broken heart, the giving up is the hardest part". Indeed.

"Burn"
by Usher


Yes Usher, it does burn. This is a good song to listen to while burning all of your ex's memorabilia in a massive bonfire.

"Outta My System" by Bow Wow


Lyrics that hit home: "When I'm with somebody all I think 'bout is you, and when I'm all alone that's all I wanna do"

So guys and gals, which songs do you like to hear to help you get over a breakup?